Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm not really feelin' Christmas

You heard me right....just not feelin' it. I LOVE Christmas. It's my most favorite time of the year. Maybe it's the sinking economy, maybe I am depressed, but I am just having the hardest time getting into the Christmas spirit.

Just yesterday, I FINALLY got my tree put up and the house decorated. I can't believe how long it took me to reluctantly drag this stuff out of the attic and get it done. Now that it's up and everything is looking all festive, I am still not feeling it. It looks pretty and sparkly on the outside, but I am not feelin' it on the inside.

I also admit, that I have not bought one single thing for Christmas this year. I am finding it hard to spend money when there are bills to be paid and Ed hasn't worked in 3 weeks due to the unseasonably cold and early winter we have had dumped in our laps. Every day, I watch the news and all I hear is that everywhere, everyone is afraid to spend their money with the economy in the crapper like it is. Well, I secretly confess, I am one of those people.

So, this week, I am off on a personal journey to find the meaning of Christmas in my heart. If Christmas isn't coming to me, then I am going to have to go find Christmas and bring it home. I have a strange feeling that I won't have to look very far. I promise to report back to you and let you know of my findings.

2 comments:

One Crazy Mama said...

I completely understand. I have had a hard time with it as well. I am just now getting into it at all. And I still don't have my tree up.

But your post reminded me of that song from The Grinch. "Where are you Christmas".

Here's hoping you find your own meaning to the holidays!

Unknown said...

It's been like this for me as well this year, probably for the first time ever. Money and job woes, child frustrations, it seems like a pile on this year, no?

Hang in there, I have a feeling 2009 is going to hit it out of the park :)