Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Surrender

Surrender, Surrender, but don't give yourself away.....

Does anyone ever come to the point in your life where you know that your life is unmanageable and you can't live one more moment in the skin you're in? I woke up feeling exactly that way today. nearly had a panic attack on the way to work. All I could think of was that I need to surrender my heart, my thoughts, my hang-ups and my sins to God. Surrendering ourselves to a higher power can really bring some great relief to our own miseries. I just feel like somewhere along the journey in the past 2 years, I have gotten way off track here. Probably why I am so restless, irritable and discontent. Probably why I keep finding myself feeling like I am pretending to be someone I am not. Probably why I keep finding myself asking what the heck is going on here? Why are things so crazy? Probably why I feel like I am in my own prison.

So admitting to myself and to God that there is an issue is the first step to change. Admitting that I have an issue to others is the surrendering part. Putting the claim into action is the hardest part. But I know no matter what, no matter how crazy life is for me, it's my own doing. Also, I know that I can't, God can and I think I'll let him. <3

0 comments: