Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Awake when I should be sleeping

Can’t sleep...


.....cuz I took a siesta after work today and now I am wide awake when I should be sleeping.
Geese louise, the past month has been a complete blur. Work, well, it's stressful. It's times like these that I wish I was a responsible drinker, cuz I could sure stand an ice cold Coors Light right about now. But, I can't drink responsibly, I am banned from the sport forever, so I can only dream about it and remember when. I guess I drank enough when I was younger to last the stretch of my entire life. Brother, I can say for sure, that I ALWAYS had a good time in those days. And although, I wouldn't trade my life now for what I had back in the day....I do miss me some Coors Light every now and then. Yes, sirree, I do.

So, my goal for September? To wean myself off Diet Coke. I started yesterday and so far, my big fat butt is dragging. I normally consume 2 if not 3 of the 32oz Polar Pops from Circle K a day. I have only had two 8 oz cans in the past 2 days. Life sucks about now for Lisa. No alcohol, no cigarettes and now no dang Diet Coke. I am convinced though, it is the one thing holding me back from eternal healthiness. It should be called crack in a can. I got a monkey on my back like coming down off heroin. I want my Diet Coke. I have been drinking that crap for over 10 years now and it's just time to say good-bye to it. My stomach and my esophagus will love me for it, I am sure.
Okay and last, but not least...here is a shout out and a prayer to all those who lost their lives on 9/11/01. Here is to all the people they left behind. My heart bleeds for the ones left behind. Always remember, never forget.
Peace people.

0 comments: