Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

..this SNOW that is. I say bring it....I want a 2 hr delay or school called off tomorrow. I could use the 3 day weekend, heh, heh. Nothing like a 3 day Birthday celebration, RIGHT??? Oh, who am I kidding, this weekend is going to be all about Jade and her 9th birthday. I can't believe my little girl is going to be NINE!!! Where have the years gone?

I gotta tell you that in the past few years, I have really shyed away about celebrating my birthday since it's all about Jade (her BD is the day after mine). I guess it was that turning 40 thing. Kinda makes you feel OLD, ya know? And as parents, we can get lost in our kids' world and kinda forget about the fact that we are people too.

I think THIS year, I am going to embrace the fact that I am going to be 43.
Yeah, that's right, I said 43~!~!~!~!~! I mean why not embrace it, denying the fact that I am getting old won't change the fact that I am, right? Did that make any sense? I hope so. I am trying to say that I am happy to have made it through 43 years. How lucky I am to be alive and I mean that with every fiber of my being. I have lived hard at times, not always taking care of myself by the things I was doing and how I made it to this point is nothing shy of a miracle to me.

Here's hoping that during my 43rd year of life, I can actually accomplish some of the goals I set out to accomplish before this train got derailed for about oh....4 years. Let's hope....there is that word again...hope.....I like the fact that it keeps popping up in my vocabulary recently. Hope, that sweet little 4 letter word that is going to deliver me to sanity this year. Gotta love it. HOPE!!!

SO in case you are wondering what I have done to Heal Thyself lately? Well, I can tell you this...I am kicking the Diet Coke habit. This is proving to be much harder that I originally thought. Hell, it's the only vice I have left. Don't drink, don't smoke anymore.....but the Diet Coke has GOT TO GO BABY! That crap is bad, bad, bad for you. I know it, and rationally I see that I need to give it up, but for some reason, I always slide backwards and go back to it...it's like a monkey on my back. Do they make Diet Coke patches like the nicotine patches? Cuz, if so, I need one....or a whole case maybe.

The next thing I have done, is decided to stop weighing myself 3 times a day every day. Cuz the scales just pish me off. They say..."hey, one at a time, one at a time please!!". Which in turn, hurts my feeling and then I do some more emotional eating and withdraw some more. So, screw the scales for right now. I wish I could throw them out in the trash, but I might need them down the road, right?

I am eating healthy everyday. And increasing my water intake and drinking green tea and taking my vitamins. I wish I could add to the list that I am exercising, but that would be a lie. I like working out actually, only I am a wuss. I need a work out partner and I can't seem to find anyone that wants to fill that position.:(
Pretty sad excuse for not taking my arse to the gym, that I have a membership to and don't use.

So, there you have it. The days are closing in on me. Only two days until I turn 43 and I really do hope that this will be the best year I have had in a long while. I am hopeful, that it will be. I am counting on it to be. I need it to be.

Here is hoping that it's gonna be a great year for all of you too. :)

0 comments: