Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Losing One's Mojo

It's true, I have lost my Mojo. Anyone seen it lying around? If so, please let me know because I am LOST without it. I can't seem to focus or get motivated here. I am sinking quick. How can I be 46 yrs old and still not know what I want to do with my life? I feel so stagnant, like I am stuck in a deep rut that I couldn't work my way out of it if I tried!!

This is the worst feeling in the world. Do I change careers or stay at this job that feels like it's sucking the life out of me. Do I go back to school and get a degree doing something I am passionate about? If so, then what exactly am I passionate about? I don't have a clue. I know I love kids of all ages. I know I love writing. I know I love being outdoors and that God, music and sunshine make me feel whole inside. I know I love being a Stay At Home Mom. Other than that...I got nothing. Nadda, zilch, zippo. And what kind of career choices are there for people like me? I need to be able to support myself and my two girls without worry. What's out there?

By now the whole world has heard about the passing of Steve Jobs yesterday. I was reading online and came across a quote of his that really struck a chord with me:

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, and don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.“ ~ Steve Jobs

That is such a profound statement. I don't love what I do...at all. I am not passionate about what I do...at all. If I could find something that pays well that I could do from home that involves some form of writing and kids, I think I would have it made! Cha-cha-cha!

Until then, I am off to look for my Mojo. Lord, please let me find it soon.

0 comments: