Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall Reflection

So October is coming to a close and November is rolling in way too fast for me. November is a hard, hard month for me...still after all these years. November 7th is my dad's birthday and November 14th is the anniversary of the day he left this world for a better place. It's been since 1994. You would think that after all this time, I wouldn't let it get me down. But I do...it's just a little duller the rest of the year. But every November it comes crashing down on me and I reflect of the wonderful moments in my life that he has missed out on. Like my wedding and walking me down the aisle. The birth of my first daughter, then my second. My walk with autism and my never ending crusading. My divorce. It's sad to think he was not able to share in all my joys (and sorrows). I miss him, still after all these years. I wish my kids knew him. No matter what kind of father he was to me, he was a fine grandpa and loved his grandkids with such jolly affection. It was amazing to see him with the grandkids when he was alive. They ALL had him wrapped around their little fingers for sure! I just want to remember him today like that.

0 comments: