Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Definition of a Cougar

Remember that last post about not dating and all that BS? Well, ppppssssshhh! Whatever. That was a really stupid thing to say. Really? A time out when I have basically been in a time out for the past YEAR???? Who needs more time in a time out? Not this girl. I am single and ready to mingle and since my last post, this girl has found her Mojo. Yep, that's correct. Found it. Owning it. Just saying.
Which brings me to my current thought process regarding the definition of a cougar. I got called a cougar twice last week and I was thinking about how much that pisses me off, haha and thought I would share the reason why because I can't be the only woman out there who feels this way.

Urban Dictionary describes a cougar as this:

Cougar

An older woman who frequents clubs in order to score with a much younger man. The cougar can be anyone from an overly surgically altered wind tunnel victim, to an absolute sad and bloated old horn-meister, to a real hottie or milf. Cougars are gaining in popularity -- particularly the true hotties -- as young men find not only a sexual high, but many times a chick with her shit together.
 
Now I am going to explain to you why I freaking HATE this word. I've heard it. I've been called one more than once along with the equally adorable terminology of being called a MILF. Really? Is that the best you got guys? I am so much more than both of those things. So much more. The fact that I happen to adore younger men has nothing to do with me being a cougar. I'm not a big cat on the prowl for 20 yr olds (not saying I haven't dipped into that pool though, haha). I just happen to like younger men then men my own age because they are interesting to me. I try to keep it within the 5-10 yrs range. I am not opposed to dating men my own age, it's just that most men MY age are either married happily or gay. That's the fact jack. If I am going out and putting myself out there, you are not seeing too many men my age out there too. So if I am out there and mingling, I am mingling with younger men. I have just always been drawn to younger men in general. Period. It's my preference, like you prefer a brunette over a blond. Or a tall guy over a short one. Its just what I personally prefer. Or it could just be because I am really immature. Who knows.
 
So if I like younger men as a whole, you might ask, how does that NOT  make me a cougar? Well great question! I will repeat it again- I am not a cougar. What I AM is an intelligent, self-sufficient, sensual, sexy and desirable older woman who has more miles and more insurance than that of a 20 yr or a 30 yr woman. I got curves in places that I prefer wouldn't curve. I got wrinkles that indicate that I have lived a life well. They are my laugh lines and show you that I have laughed A LOT in this life time. I am comfortable in my own skin and damn sure comfortable in the bedroom. I know what you like and I know what I  like and I know what it takes to get us both there. That is called being confident. Not a freaking cougar. I'm the total package if you could look past the "Cougar" you see standing in front of you. You can either hop on over to my way of thinking, or walk your ass down the street to the next cougar. RAWR!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love It!! Taking after your Aunt with the younger man thing(Mike is 9 years younger than me)Go get em Tiger!! Love you.