Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Who am I?

Who Am I?
I Am the Parent of Children With Autism


I am the parent of children that were born healthy.
I am the parent that saw my children make their first of many
milestones.
I am the parent that watched my children vanish into their own
worlds, right before my eyes.
I am the parent that was lead by mainstream medicine to vaccinate my
children on the premise that I was doing right by them, my children.
I am the parent that asked questions like, "Should you vaccinate my
sick child?" and "Why is my child always sick?"
I am the parent that was cohersed into vaccinating my children under
false pretenses that I did not know, at that very time.
I am the parent that was mislead by the same mainstream medical
profession that took an oath, "To do NO harm."
I am the parent that was told that my children have autism, not by
the doctor but by a close friend.
I am the parent that was told by mainstream medical doctors
that "There is NO hope!"
I am the parent that has spent countless nights; crying, praying and
researching everything out there on the internet known to man about
the causes, cures and everything in between regarding autism.
I am the parent who will NEVER give up hoping.
I am the parent that is now cautious when it comes to mainstream
medical doctors.
I am the parent who, now, questions authority, no matter how dumb the
questions may seem.
I am the parent, like so many more, that is overwhelmed with the
daily stress that autism brings.
I am the parent that feels so isolated because previous friends and
family just, "don't get it, autism that is."
I am the parent who is mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted
beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
I am the parent that has become stronger and more vigilant in my
quest for answers.
I am the parent who demands respect when it comes to my children with
autism and their needs.
I am the parent who runs on empty.
I am the parent who weaps for so many like me.
I am the parent of beautiful children with autism but autism is just
their diagnosis.
I am the parent who is going to try like hell to recover my children
against all odds.
You are NOT alone!
Autism is treatable and recovery is possible.
Never give up hope!

by Michelle Gillespie
www.babyhomepages.net/thegillespiefamily/

Michelle captures everything I have ever felt since we got the diagnosis, which I already had figured out by the time we got the actual, professional diagnosis. I feel exactly, exactly the same. It's like someone sliced open a part of my brain and spilled it here on the page. She has my thoughts, my fears, my future. I think for today, she is my hero. I love her. <3 <3 <3

0 comments: