Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes....

Turn and face the strain, ch-ch-changes......I love that David Bowie song and I think of that song as I make the necessary changes in my life. I have to face the issues head on... turn and face the strain. But this is a good thing I think.

I feel like I am about to shed another layer of skin or like I am about to morph into a big beautiful butterfly. I have been cooped up in my cocoon for what seems like years now. I have been waiting so long to stretch my wings and fly...or flutter... or what ever it is that butterflies do. Sometimes during the healing process we have to peel back the layers to get to the real issues and once we acknowledge those issues that keep holding us back, then the healing can begin. I am looking forward to the flight.

I won't say that my life has been easy this past month. It's been a huge change for not only me, but for all of us. I know it's hardest on Ed because he is no longer with us here in our home. I feel bad for that, but feel good about the space between us. I feel hopeful for the first time in a long, long time. Sometimes change is good. :)

Butterflies are free ya know......

0 comments: