Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Day Until the Rally and we are HERE!!!

Well we made it to DC! It was a long day and the girls were extremely cranky all day. I am enjoying a bit of solitude at the moment. Ed took the girls down to swim for a bit and I was checking email and getting last minute information together for my meeting with Lugar tomorrow.

We got to take the train and then a taxi and then a shuttle bus today. The girls loved the train. There are 10,000 young kids (school aged) in this city today. Remind me to ask are this many kids always here this time of year? Holy Moly...there are kids everywhere you turn at Union Station. We ate at Johnny Rockets and it was CA-RA-ZEE at the food court.


I got a called from a DC affiliate from WTHR, Channel 13 today as we arrived in DC. They are meeting us at the Rally and plan to do a story on us. Yes!!! I am so excited about tomorrow. I can't wait to share it with you tomorrow night!! Uh-oh....it's starting to rain here HARD!!!

In the meantime, here are a few pics of my precious angels today, in their glory.






Jade's excited to get on the plane.



















Too much noise at the airport. Melt down Number 1 for the day and we haven't even left yet.












Talk to the had, cuz the face is getting ready to scream any minute if this plane doesn't take me
to Washington DC. Melt down number 2.





















I'm too sexy for this shuttle bus
















Good Times at Johnny Rockets




















Dork and Dorkier

3 comments:

Heather said...

YAY! y'all made it!!! i'm so happy for you and proud too!!!

Jenn said...

Yay Lisa!! You made it there! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow. And hugs to all of you...traveling is tough on everyone!!

wendy said...

love the bus picture!!!!!