Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Chocolate always makes life better

This is the end of what I would call an excruciatingly l-o-n-g work week. Why you ask? Well, thanks for asking, I would be glad to share......well, many of know that I'm the school nurse at the local high school, ok? Well, let's just say that I had a record breaking attendance in the clinic this week. Yuppers.....I saw 247 kids this week. That is my highest ever...even during FLU season. Ugh, no wonder I am exhausted. I had to take a nap today when I got home from work. That's pretty bad ya know? Work is so stressful that you have to come home and nap so you can make it through the night.

I keep telling myself that I see that many kids each week, because I am the cool school nurse and they must just like to come down there and hang out with me for that reason alone. Uhm...yeah right. Seriously? That CAN'T be it. I am not COOL...at all. I think they are all just a bunch of whiny butts, that's what I really think. I have an entire fleet of what I call my frequent flyer's at that school. God love 'em. I try to love 'em too, but there are just some days (and today was one of them) that I don't love them, I don't love the school and I don't love my job...not one iota. Whew! Glad I got THAT off my chest. I feel much better now.

Well, one GOOD thing is that the girls only had a half day today at their school, so my MIL picked them up at noon and they are spending the night there. Ed is at band practice and I am here alone in the house, just me and the 3 cats and the dog. Right now, I am listening to the sound of silence. Silence really is GOLDEN sometimes, isn't it? I had a chili cheese dog for supper from Dairy Queen and I am not sure what I will do with myself now that I have the house to myself. Probably catch up on some more rest. I am thinking the only thing that could round this day off would be some form of chocolate. I will have to think on that. Chocolate always makes life better. I'll start my diet tomorrow I guess.

0 comments: