Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

SIX Days until DC!!!

Okay, I am seriously tired. I have been reading, emailing, calling, printing, sorting, shifting, running around, and everything else you can think of today. I was so busy, that I forgot to stop and get gas this morning and I actually ran out of gas this afternoon. I haven't done that since I was 19 years old. I ran out of gas once on my way home from school. My old mustang just didn't quite make it to the exit ramp. I ran out about 30 yards from the ramp, so it was a short walk. Luckily for me, Ed was close and brought me some gas and got me back on my way. I feel so stupid for running out of gas. But it's a gentle reminder for me to s-l-o-w down and breathe in and breathe out. It's all gonna work out. Someone is gently calling me, but I am not listening too well right now.

So, yesterday I had no takers on our story to DC and tonight I have two. I am going to meet with FOX59 AM crew this coming Monday and I will be on bright and early at 6:30ish. Wish me luck. I hope I don't say anything stupid and that I don't get all nervous....heh...heh...heh....and say something stupid, like repeat the words "and, uhm" over and over....or say "ya know?" over and over. That's a worst case scenario. I need to go over in my head what I am going to say all weekend. And, I heard from WRTV TheIndyChannel today too. They are thinking of doing something as well, but I am waiting to hear back from them.

Here's the deal. No amount of worrying will change the outcome any right? I have done this a thousand times over the past couple of years. I talk autism and vaccines and biomed and cure all the time to just about anyone that asks me about it. So, I have these friends of mine that reminded me that I can do this and it's going to be ok. Breathe in, breathe out...I can do this. This is my chance to tell our story.

So, on a brighter and much lighter note, here is an Ivy funny for you. Tonight she was just being a Chatty Cathy and she asked me how much I weighed. I said to her, I am not going to tell you. The reason I will not tell her is because numbers are her thing. She loves numbers and dates and figures and then she memorizes and repeats them. Like the time she asked me how old I was. I told her 43 without blinking an eye...she said, "43!!!!! Wow that's old Mommy!!" I just laughed....but I wasn't laughing a week later when we were in Kroger checking out and the cashier was talking to Ivy and asked her how old she was and she blurts out really LOUD, "well, I am only 6, just a little girl, but my Mommy is an old girl, she is 43!!!!". I wanted to die. So, you can see why there is NO WAY I am telling Ivy how much I weigh, ok?

So she continues to badger me about how much do I weigh as I sit here typing and I say things like "enough" and "a lot" and she looks at me really serious, cocks her head and says, "well what is it like 221 or something??" My husband almost spit his drink all over the kitchen and then laughter erupts from the kitchen and from the living room as he and Jade have a real laugh with that. Yeah 221, that's the ticket. Won't be long I bet. When I get back from DC, I have got to start exercising and moving more. Or else Ivy's guess of 221 won't be too far off. Heavy sigh......as I shovel some ice cream in my mouth.

So until tomorrow...think good positive thoughts for us and keep praying that we will meet our financial goal. Money keeps popping up in strange ways, but I always have to worry, that's my job as a professional worrier. Thanks to those who have made selfless donations towards our trip this week. I love you for it more than you know! We are getting there slowly but surely!

Peace and happiness to you tonight and Happy Friday to you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog the other day! I love yours!...and hey, I didn't know where you lived...I grew up in New Castle - where my whole family still lives! Small world!

Heather said...

i just love you bunches! you had me on the edge of my seat with running out of gas and LMBO about Ivy and the numbers. i would not be telling her my weight either!!! you are going to ROCK DC!