Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Feeling grateful

I feel so grateful right now. Really, really grateful. I don't have the words to express my feelings at this moment, but know that I am grateful. When I can get my thoughts together enough, I will post something about it later.

Today was my last day of work until August and the girls' last day of school. I feel such a sense of relief right now. I love knowing that I am work free for the next several weeks and that is just the icing on the cake for me. Sorry, but I am not going to miss Greenfield Central High School one bit. Well, not exactly work free either, because I will be loading up my eBay store starting next week. But eBay is not stressful, so I am looking forward to getting back to that for the summer.

Speaking of cake, my beautiful daughter Ivy, turns SEVEN tomorrow. Words cannot express right now how I am feeling. I am just all over the map with emotions tonight. I am looking forward to sharing her birthday with you tomorrow. She went and picked out her birthday cupcakes for tomorrow and she chose a cute number seven candle, PLUS regular candles too. I am so excited that she is excited about her birthday. This is the first time she has really been "into it". She never really comprehended what her birthday was. But not this time...she has been asking me for WEEKS about her birthday. Will she have a summer party? What kind of cake? How many people? What she wants for her birthday present, etc. Seems like a normal almost 7 yr old to me. :)

I don't have much time to post, but I will jot down some thoughts I have sometime over the weekend. Just know that for the first time in weeks, I can lay my head down to rest tonight and I am relieved and I am so very grateful.

1 comments:

Heather said...

yay for summer break!

and i can't wait to hear all about miss ivy's birthday!