Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

FOUR Days until DC!!! And the Rain came down...

Ok,you will never guess where I am blogging from at this very moment? Wanna take a stab? Ah, you'd never guess in a million years, so I'll just spill it. I am sitting in Jade and Ivy's tree house stealing a neighbors bandwith...hee...hee. Last night I was literally hitting the submit button right after I had saved my blog when the power shut off. We had one of the worst storms I can remember in years last night. Tornado touch downs all over Central Indiana that have left this beautiful morning after in a wave of destruction. I was pretty skeered last night.

My children were spending the night with a good friend last night and they have a nice basement, so I felt safe for them, but at the same time, I just wanted my kids with me so that I could feel safe myself. I really DO NOT like tornado's and they scare me a whole lot. Last night as I was hugging a pillow on the bathroom floor listening to the train of wind shaking my home, and hearing the thunder booming and watching the lightening crash, I was saying to God, "please don't let me have come this far to lose everything we have in an instant". OK, maybe a bit theatrical now that I think back on it this morning, but last night, I was very scared and nervous.

My in-laws home did not fare well last night. They lost their horse barn along with some horses. One poor horse was found stuck up in a tree. The horses are their living. They train and race thoroughbreds. My husband is out at their farm trying to help them salvage something. Their horse trailer was picked and then dumped on top of the heap that once home to many horses and the girls' pony. It's going to take a lot to clean up this mess. The girls just told me about the newest batch of baby kittens born in the barn and they all died last night in the storm. I don't have the heart to tell them that yet.

Back to the reason I am up in the tree house. Today, we have no cable, thus no Internet. There is no land line phone service and I was freaking b/c I couldn't get access to my email. I am still waiting to hear from Channel 6 news and I have heard nothing.Of course, if the TV were working, I am sure all one could view today is reporting on the storm damage. We have many power and telephones lines down and many people may be without power for a few days. Thank God for cell phones and laptop computers with battery back-up, LOL!!!

Anyway, just wanted to post an update and say that I am preparing myself for Monday morning's interview on FOX. Wish me luck. Thanks be to God today. We are still alive, we still have a home and even though I have no cable or Internet today, that really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

0 comments: