Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Washington DC or BUST!

Well, we are going to Washington DC to participate in the GREEN OUR VACCINES rally on June 4th headed up by TACA (Talk About Curing Autism). All the big names will be there in the autism community...all my heroes. The celebrity speaker will be Jenny McCarthy and after we march to Capital Hill, she will hold a 30 minutes press conference and somehow, Ed & I managed to score bracelets to get into a special meet & greet after with Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey. Only 1000 bracelets given out to over 6000 people.

Only problem we have right now is figuring out how to finance the trip. We know that where there is a will, there is a way. SO, we are going to trust in God, that we will find that way to get there. There is no way we are NOT going. This issue is so important to me and my family. We have to be heard. We have to be part of history in the making. I can feel the shift taking place. Can you imagine the energy of 6000+ people hoping and praying to make a difference in the lives of future children all together in the same place at the same time? It will probably be the biggest moment in my life other that giving birth and getting married, those were biggies too. But to take our children to the march/rally and have them witness the experience too? I am hopping that they will always carry the memory with them. I am hoping that will learn to fight for what they believe in, even when the rest of the world doesn't believe in the same cause as you do.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and hope that we can find a way to get to DC. I will keep you posted on our progress.

Peace and DC or BUST!!!

2 comments:

lorabelle said...

Lisa,
You ROCK!!! Thankyou for standing up and making a difference...
My son hasn't been diagnosed with Autism, but has so many symptoms, and suffers from severe expressive and phonological disorders, as well as sensory overload issues... We have been in therapy for these conditions for 6 out of little 8 years of life. We too knew that something was different by age 2. Being a parent is so hard. You try to do the "right" thing and vaccinate them, only to find that it's probably what caused the problem. I want to support you and your cause! Could you start up a donation link at a local Bank or post a P.O. Box for donations to be made? I will keep you in my thoughts...
Lora

notjustanylisa said...

Lora,

Is there someway to contact you?> I tried to email you, but it's not showing a link to your email. I do have a link for you if you contact me again. Thanks, email me directly at rowechicky@aol.com.

Lisa :)