Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eight Days Until DC!!

Whew!! First official day of summer vacation today and what a whirlwind it was. I had to tie up some loose ends at the school and then went over the hospital and had my annual review. I got a raise!! Woot! That's always good news to know you are going to get mo' money!~!~!~!~

So, the girls are going to the Boys and Girls Club each morning while I do eBay and then I will spend the afternoons with them each day. It's going to work out well. I ran a bunch of errands today and things went well....just BUSY!! I never stopped running from the time I dropped them off until I picked them up this afternoon.

Then came the fun part. As if running errands isn't fun enough...Jade fell off the monkey bars on the play set in our backyard and hurt her hand late this afternoon when we got home. So, off to the ER we went. I thought for sure she broke it, but they said no, it wasn't broken, just a bad sprain and lots of internal bleeding around the injury site and swelling. Ugh!! First day of summer vacation!!! She has been crying all night with pain. I tried to wrap it best I could with an ace bandage and splint, but she was not liking that AT ALL. I gave her Motrin and that completely knocked her out. I can't wait to see how it feels in the morning. It is injured where the thumb attaches to your hand and then the index and middle fingers and knuckle area. It's very swollen and bruised. Poor baby. I know it must hurt her a lot. I hate when there is just nothing you can do to make them comfortable.

So, I have been emailing all the local news stations and the local newspapers about doing a story for the Rally and so far, no takers. I haven't even got a reply that they are not interested. That is discouraging to say the least. I just wish I could get someone to pick up the story for awareness sake, you know? I had the opportunity to share with a couple of people today about our trip....both RN's...one is a also a Nurse Practitioner. They both just looked at me and said, "UH, ok...really? Ok, well good luck with that". I was laughing to myself in my head. No one really understands when you try to tell them your child was vaccine damaged. It's just like it's not comprehensible. People just can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that there are literally thousands upon thousands of children suffering because of vaccine injury. I mean the government didn't develop the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund for nothing...so they know that it's possible for damage to occur...problem is they make it so hard to file a claim, that no one ever sees a claim to it's end. I need to be discussing that with Sen. Lugar as well.....note to self.....

Ok, well....happy Monday to you and keep us in your prayers over the next week as we get closer and closer to this Rally.

0 comments: