Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Takin' It To The Streets

Anyone remember that song?

The Doobie Brothers....ahhh the memories.....that song keeps playing in my head tonight. Here are the lyrics"

You don't know me but I'm your brother
I was raised here in this living hell
You don't know my kind in your world
Fairly soon the time will tell
You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me
I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see

Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets

Take this message to my brother
You will find him everywhere
Wherever people live together
Tied in poverty's despair
You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me
I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see

Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets


So anyway, back to my point. I voted this week and all the way to the polls, I just kept thinking how crooked and corrupt our government has really gotten. I was in despair because I truly am not feeling it for any of the candidates. They all make me feel like I just threw up in my mouth a little. The Doobie Brothers song, the words were resonating in my ears. "You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me. I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see"

Guess that's all the more reason for me to pack my bags and head to DC and try to make some kind of difference. If people don't open their minds to change and open their eyes to what's going on around them and don't open their mouths to speak up, then what is this world going to come to? Really?

All I know is that I am less than thrilled with the candidates for President of the United States, my government is failing miserably and there seems to be no change in sight to all the madness going on behind closed doors. Seems like it's no longer, we the people....but we the pharmaceutical companies, we who has the most money, we who offer you the biggest tax write off, etc. That's who's running the country now...not we the people. Yep, it's all about the Benjamin's these days and that is seriously sad.

So, take this message to my brother, you will find him everywhere.
Wherever people live together, tied in poverty's despair.
So you, telling me the things you're gonna do for me.
Well, I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see.

Takin' it to the streets....yep, that's what I'm going to do people...take my message to the streets....I can still dream big and hey, I can HOPE even more.

0 comments: